Monday, September 8, 2008

True to Tru Blood


I've suddenly become.. that fan of True Blood. I don't have HBO and was forced to watch it on youtube. I know! And there were missing scenes.

I can't believe I haven't heard of the books before. I think there's something wrong with me! I mean, me and vampires go together like cheese and wine, Sean and Penn.... I usually know about awesome series' like this.

So as soon as.. humanly.. possible, I am going to go out and buy the books written by Charlaine Harris. And will most likely start writing fanfiction about them too. Aww.. sigh.

Anyone else catch it on HBO... or is willing to record it for me? hmm? that would be triple amazing.

In the not-too-distant future, vampires have come out of the coffin. Thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood, vampires no longer need humans for their fix and can walk freely, if not yet comfortably, among their living counterparts – though they can still come out only at night.
Meanwhile, in the backwoods Louisiana town of Bon Temps, Sookie Stackhouse works as a waitress at the down-home bar Merlotte’s. Though outwardly normal, she has unusual qualities of her own: Sookie can read minds, which complicates her world in endless ways. But Sookie’s life becomes a lot more interesting when Merlotte’s gets its first vampire patron – the 173-year-old Bill Compton – and the two outsiders are immediately drawn to each other.


Also, a very amazing and totally sexy actor plays in this show (Okay, there's three, but this one is essential!) His name is Ryan Kwanten. You might know him as .. that brother on Flicka, or as Jack from Merlin's Apprentice (Amazing movie by the way). I know him as... Oh God.. Yup. Here he is with his faux-family.
Look forward to my weekly ramblings about this new show. :) You can always join in. Who do you choose: Sam or Bill? I choose Sam... for now.

No comments: